Global Design Project GDP001

Welcome to my first post for a brand new challenge blog: Global Design Project. I am so happy to join a group of talented paper crafters from across the globe sharing their inspiration and challenging you to show us your stuff.

Global Design Project Challenge #GDP001
Our first challenge is a color challenge of soft, pastel tones with a cool, neutral gray. For this type of challenge, let your creativity soar in terms of which stamps you use, what layout you like and how you choose to execute. Just stick to the colors provided. You may also include black, white and kraft.

Global Design Project #GDP001

For my example, I used the emboss-resist technique with the A World of Thanks stamp to create a background. By embossing the image on watercolor paper, I was able to wash color with water and blend them. The embossing resists the ink so the message is left unaltered.

I added a stripe of Smoky Slate cardstock that was stamped with VersaMark ink to create a watermark. Sequins and the “thanks” sentiment from Silhouettes and Script stamp set add embellishment to the project.

Now I invite you to join us too. Create a project using the colors above and post it to the linkup on the challenge page.

Some things you should know…

The challenge starts each Monday with a variety of assignments including Color Challenges like this one, Sketches, Themes and CASE the Designer. Just post a newly-created project using the theme as your inspiration. The challenge closes on Friday, so get to it.

North American schedule by time zone:

EST CST MST PST
Challenge Begins Monday 5:00 am 4:00 am 3:00 am 2:00 am
Challenge Ends Friday 10:00 pm 9:00 pm 8:00 pm 7:00 pm

Supplies

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

14 Comments

• Reply sralibros (Robbye)

Beautiful card Shawn. I really like your unique POV on card making and your creativity.

September 8, 2015 at 11:54 pm
  • Reply JustB

Beautiful card, Shawn,and so perfect for the challenge! Thanks for sharing.

September 8, 2015 at 6:16 am
  • Reply Tanja Kolar

Dear Shawn, your work is awesome. Now it´s time for me to take this stamp into my hand and try your stunning card.
    Hugs Tanja

September 8, 2015 at 5:55 am
  • Reply Paula Dobson

Watercolor and emboss resist – two of my favourite techniques combined on one fabulous card! I am so happy to be designing with you Shawn on the Global Design Project ♥

September 8, 2015 at 4:12 am
  • Reply Delys

Love your card Shawn! That stamp set it on my wishlist and I just gotta have it now! Thanks for the inspiration!

September 8, 2015 at 12:36 am
  • Reply Brian

Shawn – I am SO GLAD you are a part of this new design team. Your project is absolutely amazing! I love the way you’ve incorporated the colors – and that panel down the middle is genius! I’m in awe of your talent. I’m so happy to be serving on this Global Design Project Design Team with you.

September 7, 2015 at 9:06 pm
  • Reply Lisa Eaton

LOVE this! Great technique, can’t wait to give it a try 🙂

September 7, 2015 at 6:53 pm
  • Reply westsidepaper

Oh Shawn- I just love your card. You are so very creative and full of wonderful talent. Congrats on week one! I am looking forward to seeing all the beautiful cards you create each week for Global Design Project.

September 7, 2015 at 11:43 am
  • Reply Connie Collins

Shawn, I never would have even thought to use this stamp for this challenge…I love how you layered the image together! I am so thrilled to be on the Global Design Project team with you. Hugs!

September 7, 2015 at 11:08 am
  • Reply Lynn Hoyt

Shawn, you did an amazing job with this stamp! Wow.

shawn

September 7, 2015 at 10:38 am
  • Reply Kylie Bertucci

Really stunning card Shawn. Love the emboss resist with watercolor. Excellent technique and execution. So happy you are in the GDP Design Team. Congrats!

September 7, 2015 at 10:35 am
  • Reply hj

Great card, Shawn. I love the colors and the technique. Great job combining yellow and pink.

September 7, 2015 at 9:20 am
  • Reply diannescards

What a beautiful card. I loved yur technique. I would never have thought of using emboss resist on watercolor paper! Gotta go try it!

September 7, 2015 at 8:07 am
  • Reply Nancy Farrell

Good Morning Shawn, This is a perfect card. Great technique and I like how it turned out is so nice. Just enough bling!
    🙂