Welcome to the Pals November Blog Hop, we’re so thankful you stopped by. This month we’re showcasing projects that feature Stampin’ Up! Thanksgiving and “Thank You” products. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or you may have come from the previous blog on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you can enjoy each and every beautiful project.
Thanksgiving is fast upon us and I can’t think of a better way to say I’m so thankful than a handmade card with a thoughtful note enclosed. Neutral, warm tones are brightened with gold foil and glitter for this Autumn-themed card, plus it was so easy to put together.
A small, wood leaf element from the Seasonal Snapshot 2015 Project Life Accessory Pack is stained with Tip Top Taupe and Tangerine Tango ink.
“Thanks” from Expressions Natural Elements is dipped in Versamark ink then covered in Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder before heat-setting. I like that you can still see some of the wood grain through one layer of embossing powder. For a smoother gold look, emboss it again.
Gold glitter is splattered on the background by first stirring a few drops of Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue with some water, splashing it onto the background with a brush, then sprinkling Gold Stampin’ Glitter and shaking off the rest. Allow it to dry before assembling the card.
Whenever working with glitter, it’s a good idea to have some Swiffer Sweeper refills around for clean up. I cut a piece in half and use it to pick up all the glitter from my table and hands. I’m “so thankful” for that.
Finally, linen thread is wrapped around the card to ground all the elements.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Lineup
- Jennifer Michalski at Stampin’ Serenity
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog