Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes will be inspired by popular songs—the first is “I Think I Love You.” Our Blog Hop today is jam-packed with projects that are perfect for Valentine’s Day or that showcase love. How sweet is that?! We are excited to share our love-themed creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Today I’m sharing two products I think I love…Brusho Crystal Colour and the Petal Palette Bundle by Stampin’ Up! With Brusho, it is so easy to make beautiful watercolor washes with vivid color and tons of variation. First I heat-embossed a pretty stamp from the Petal Palette stamp set on watercolor paper with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
Next, I used a Stampin’ Spritzer to spray water on some watercolor paper; eight to ten sprays did it for me. With the watercolor paper prepared, all I had to do was shake on some Moss Green Brusho over the water. Brusho did the rest. After the wash dried, I used Brilliant Red Brusho to paint the petals in the stamped image.
The sentiment was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink on a scrap of watercolor paper. It was die-cut with a shape from Petals & More Thinlits Dies. Hole-punching the ends gave me a fun way to attach the sentiment with Linen Thread, but Stampin’ Dimensionals make sure it stays in place. The card front was attached to a Real Red card base with Multipurpose Glue.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Louise Sharp at LouiseSharp.com. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group—and you don’t want to miss it!
—Shawn de Oliveira
Blog Hop Lineup
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Louise Sharp at LouiseSharp.com
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
Clear-mount Stamp Set
Petals & More