Welcome to InKing Royalty’s March Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled to the brim with projects that celebrate Spring and Summer. With inspiration from Katrina & the Waves’ song “Walking on Sunshine,” we’ve created projects that share the joy and excitement that accompany warmer weather. We are excited to share our projects with you. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
If anyone can walk on sunshine, it’s this unicorn sheepishly galloping across the sky complete with the bright sun and an energetic rainbow, of course.
My card today features products from the 2018 Occasions Catalog and colors from the 2016–2018 In Color Collection. The unicorn from the Magical Day stamp set pairs perfectly with the Sunshine & Rainbows bundle and the 2016–2018 In Colors is perfect for a vivid rainbow.
I started by sponging an A2 card of So Saffron with Flirty Flamingo and Peekaboo Peach ink. I love the variation in color this adds to the subtle yellow color. So Saffron is used to stamp a few sparkles around the center of the background. The unicorn was stamped with Basic Gray Archival Stampin’ Ink on Whisper White cardstock before coloring her mane with 2016–2018 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers.
The Rainbow Builder Framelits is then used to cut rainbow pieces from the same colors and the clouds from Whisper White and Vellum Cardstock. A 1-3/4″ Circle Punch cuts the sun from So Saffron card. A little layering and clever gluing holds this super fun note card together. Arranging the rainbow in this dynamic pattern also adds a little energy.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group—and you don’t want to miss it!
—Shawn de Oliveira
Blog Hop Lineup
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide.
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery