Welcome to InKing Royalty’s February Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around BIRTHDAY. It’s always special to celebrate the birthday of someone you love, so handmade birthday cards are always fun to share.
We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Here’s a #SimpleStamping card that is made using just a few supplies and the Piece of Cake bundle from Stampin’ Up!’s Occasions Catalog.
It starts with a folded Whisper White card base layered with a strip of Pineapple Punch patterned paper found in In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper pack. Next I stamped a series of cakes from the Piece of Cake stamp set using Bermuda Bay ink over a stripe of Pool Party cardstock. It’s layered just over the pineapple strip.
Finally, I stamped the Happy Birthday cake with Gorgeous Grape ink and the accessories with Bermuda Bay. The Cake Builder Punch included in the bundle makes it super easy to cut out the cake and stand. Notice that the candles are stamped directly on the card base.
A little layering with Stampin’ Dimensions makes the focal cake pop from the surface. All other pieces are adhered with Multipurpose Glue.
Inside the card, I stamped a complementary saying, “Enjoy Every Crumb!”
This card is fun and simple to make. Make a stack in a variety of colors and keep them handy for all the birthdays coming in the year.
Thank you for stopping by today. Looks like you made to the last stop on the hop, but if you just started here, I hope you’ll hop along to the beginning with Brian King at Stamp with Brian. You can always hop along again. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Blog Hop Lineup
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Deb Cozzone at Grand Central Stamping
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps